- Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us
under which you may access our website. This acceptable use policy
applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide
by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which
supplement our terms of website use.
www.influx.org.uk is a site operated by
Influx Energy Limited whose company registration number is 07696060
and whose registered office is 10 Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1
You may use our site only for lawful
purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or
international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful
or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any
material which does not comply with our content standards (as
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or
unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form
of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material
that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke
loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar
computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any
computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our
site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third
We may from time to time provide
interactive services on our site, including, without
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- [LIST ANY OTHER INTERACTIVE FEATURES, for example pricing and
Where we do provide any interactive
service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of
service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is
used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible
risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third
parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site,
and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use
moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of
moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are
under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive
service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our
liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any
interactive service by a user in contravention of our content
standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services
by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian.
We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive
service that it is important that they communicate with their
children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof.
Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware
of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive
service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting
the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and
all material which you contribute to our site("contributions"),and
to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the
following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to
each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from
which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion,
nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such
as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause
annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your
identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of
example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion,
whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy
through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy
has occurred, we may take such action as we deem
Failure to comply with this acceptable use
and may result in our taking all or any of the following
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to
use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or
material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on
an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable
administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities
as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in
response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The
responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take
any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use
We may revise this acceptable use policy at
any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page
from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they
are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in
this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or
notices published elsewhere on our site.